Friday, April 8, 2011

little books: learn + swap?

A teeny tiny book I made in a class with Robin Beam some 10 years ago.
It has a stamped, shrink plastic cover and can be worn as a necklace! 

Edit 4/13/11 -The swap is Full and closed for registration with 60 participants! I don't think I have mentioned here on my blog yet that I opened registration for my little book swap, about one week ago. You can read all the swap details on my creative swaps blog. There are still some spaces left and I would love to have you join us! You can make 2, 3 or 4 little books out of paper, fabric, canvas -whatever! You'll receive the same amount in return. The books need to be little: 5" or less (12.7 cm) and should contain between 4 and 20 pages. Your $15 registration includes your return postage anywhere in the world and an 18-page lesson written by me on little books, yeeha! I can tell already with 45 participants registered from all over the US, Germany, Sweden, The Netherlands, Kenya, Norway, Australia, Mexico and the UK . . . that this is going to be a fabulous swap. I will take about 55 participants. I know that sounds like a lot, but remember that I have had a lot of experience hosting swaps and I do have a number of systems in use that keep me highly organized. To give you an idea, I have hosted approximately 50 creative swaps over the past 10 years, pretty amazing, huh? I think I must enjoy it! I am glad you do too... it is so lovely for me to have many of you continue to join in as your schedules allow!

xo hugs from lenna in sunny florida : )


in one of my mom's gardens ; ^)

5 comments:

  1. I'm having a lot of fun with my little books, Lenna! And that despite the fact I wasn't going to make them! They will be ready before too much longer. And somehow I also received one of the books you recommended from Amazon today. Must be clicking the Buy button in my dreams!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so fast, Frieda! I highly recommend those 2 books by Alisa Golden . . . Creating Handmade Books and Unique handmade Books. They really helped me learn some book structures and inspired me a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lenna - you must be an organisational genius! That is a lot of people for a swap!
    It is sure to be grand - and what fun for you to see all those books...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lenna, it sounds like a wonderful swap- but I`m not alowed to swap, from April-till sep----- have to concentrate on my shop--- even it drags in my hand to go hit the button----
    I will go look at the books, and maybe buy :))
    Hugs, and hope your sunday will be filled with smiles.
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited to join in the fun!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...