Sunday, April 3, 2011

emerald + ruby ATCs

Here are ATCs for a small group of friends I trade with monthly: Colour Groupies! February's colors were emerald and ruby . . . Yes, I was busy teaching and did not get these done until early March. Then it took about 3 weeks for them to arrive with everyone, so I could not share them with you until now. They must stay a secret until all the recipients have them! These are different, a combination of a gel medium transfer, which I did not really like, and transparencies of the same images - combined. I also added a few paper collage images and bits of transparencies to help the colours to be more apparent.

Here you can see some pretty undesirable gel medium transfers
on the bottom row with the same images printed
as transparencies, directly above them.

Here I have started combining them,
adding the transparency image over the transfer.
Click on the photo for more detail.

made for Debby Harriettha

made for Frieda Oxenham

I kept this one for myself -for my Colour Groupies notebook!
It is great fun to have all the ATCs for each color on one page.
One artist's idea of emerald & ruby can be very different from another!

made for Tristan Robin Blakeman

made for Caryl Hoobler

I sewed around all the edges and sent them off with my March colours of Coffee and Chocolate, ooh la la! I'll have those for you in another post!

4 comments:

  1. Love the layers in these, Lenna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea creating layers of transparencies. It opens up loads of possibilities

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful set of cards, Lenna and I'm so happy to have one of them (my favourite one at that) in my collection! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...