Tuesday, March 1, 2011

4 Artist 4 ways: Musings on Paper 1


This journal spread in a brand new Moleskine Sketchbook is for Hope Wallace Karney's first lesson, Musings on Paper, which is part of the Artful Pages-4 artists 4 ways online workshop I'm involved in.
I have never done art journaling with a lot of writing in it, so this is a whole new thing for me. Hope's lesson was wonderful for me because she gave me the steps I needed and things I could do that had me jumping into this new art easily. Thanks, Hope!

She gave us a few directions to approach a blank page and then a specific task to fill the page. It worked! I added a little bit of color with my Staedtler Aquarell pencils and 'popped' the marks I made with a water brush. The page was a little too plain for me, so I tried spritzing on a little turquoise Perfect Pearls mist, a new toy for me I got from Collage Stuff. I masked the photos so they wouldn't get hit with the spray (with a piece of scrap paper to cover them) and tried not to spray too much! If you click on the scan above you can see this better. I look forward to Hope's 2nd and 3rd lessons tomorrow and Friday so I can learn more and do more with Art Journaling. It's not too late to join us. Registration is open and is just $40 for 12 lessons: Artful pages - 4 Artists 4 ways. 

Our friends Garth & Nora left yesterday afternoon for Naples, FL where Garth's father lives. Garth has a company meeting in Ft Lauderdale today, they will head back to our home for 2 more nights before their plane for NY leaves on Saturday. I am a little behind in a few things because of this but I am catching up!! There are 4 packages of absolutely wonderful Vintage Note Cards for the swap I'm hosting that I am going to scan and upload now! So check the Creative Swaps blog in the near future for more lovely art.


4 comments:

  1. It's looking great, Lenna. Sadly I won't be able to start as the files are much too huge this week so I'm waiting till the weekend and will download them all in the library then. But you've given a lovely taster of what will be waiting for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can read you are very bussy,too Lenna, but you made a great start on the new class-the thing about writing is very exiting --I have also only downloaded them.
    XO,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely spread about your happy childhood!! Love the sunny yellow accents on the journalling, and the way you've used such cute photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page spread is so heartwarming, Lenna. You were the cutest thing! I love the way you framed the photos with dictionary clippings. I often overlook using watercolor pencils, and they look great on your page. Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...