Wednesday, February 23, 2011

You can dance if you want to

 I have to share a bit . . . It's been a while. I've been a little busy and not here as much, but it's because lots of good things are going on. Yesterday was my birthday and my mom got me the greatest card.


I just laughed!! It so sums up all the support my mom and dad have given me artistically over the years. They used to share driving me to many, many dance classes for years! The other day I told my mom the only exercise I did that day was "dance around in my studio" as a break from writing lessons. She smiled, and now I know why!

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday. Steven took me to the Warm Mineral Springs in North Port and to the Historic Spanish Point in Osprey, Florida. Both places were interesting and fun and it was great to go on a "date" with my husband! I created a photo collage yesterday and uploaded it to blipfoto, my daily photo journal -click there to see it. Below are a few more favorite photos of the day.

Warm Mineral Springs
I am sure this looks excellent for those of you battling snow & cold!

The water is salty! It's very easy to float & relax in.

we enjoyed!!

The fern garden at Historic Spanish Point

what Steven found in the Fern Garden

walking at Historic Spanish Point

Steven taking a break!

In the Butterfly Garden

Historic Spanish Point
beautiful! 
Thanks for your visits and comments! I am wrapping up my Vintage Note card swap at the end of this week, so check the blog for some wonderful eye candy. I received a beautiful package from Sharon Walworth today which I should get uploaded tomorrow and there are a few more still coming in!


Have a creative day!


12 comments:

  1. Wishing you a belated, but alle the more wonderful Happy Birthday! Wishing you more of the happiness you already have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lenna, I wish you a happy belated birthday, -I can see you had a wonderfull day, with your husbond- -must be fantastic, to be near such places, you visited.
    All the best of-dancing- for your new year, :)
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. A happy belated birthday to you, dear Lenna! The card your mom gave you is adorable. And, it looks like you had a beautiful day (date) with Steven, too. Those pictures are gorgeous - lucky you to live in all that sunshine and beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful day you had with your sweet Steven, you're so lucky having that gorgeous weather.

    The card your Mum gave you is so sweet.

    Jo
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both places look lovely to visit. I'll put them on my list! Glad you had a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a wonderful, happy birthday, Lenna, and so many beautiful places to visit too!
    And such a really appropriate card your mother managed to find for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthdy Lenna. I love the card you mother gave you. I used to be a ballerina when I was about that age. Isn't it wonderful to dance around your studio and remember all the fun from your childhood and then be able to go out and be spoiled by your husband. Many wonderful wishes for you for this year.

    Mary Wilkins
    marymarg27608@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all!
    yes, I am pretty spoiled. ;^ ) My philosophy is to try to really appreciate all the good things in my life as a way to strengthen me up for any hard times that we all have. You know, "accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative. . ."
    sending love,
    in appreciation for your kind wishes-
    lenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday Lenna! What a glorious day you had. I love the card your mom gave you...have fun dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to stop by and wish you a belated birthday greeting. I hope you had a wonderful day! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, this is my first visit to your blog.I'm always looking out for new art journal round robins I can get involved with.Most people do swaps,me too.Years ago I heard about a round robin where at the end you each had the same pages-the same book.Do you know anyone who does that?I think it would be lovely for women in the same family.Please drop by any time if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday, Lenna! I'm sorry I missed it! I guess I've been preoccupied with this cool online quilt book workshop :)
    I'm glad you had a relaxing day with your hubby! Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...