Thursday, February 17, 2011

Vintage French

My dear friend Frieda hosts lots of wonderful ATC swaps on the forum site ATCs for ALL. In fact, if you follow that link -look on the left side of the home page. Frieda made the Artist Spotlight, a well deserved honor! On ATCs for All, she is currently hosting a Vintage French ATC swap with lovely returns so far. I finally got mine made and in the mail last Saturday, so hopefully the winds will be will us and Frieda will have them in her hands soon. This is a 3 for 3 swap, but I made 4 so Frieda could choose one as a Hostess gift : )

I cut out words from Frieda's swap instructions
and used images from a 1960 French magazine.

The magazine was called Mon Ouvrage, which I had to translate and discovered it meant My Book. The second part of the title is: Modernisons les pieces anciennes. I never took French, so again, I had to use Google Translate to let me know what that meant -Modernizing the old parts! I can't read the magazine, but it's about sewing things for the home, embroidery and also clothes.

For this ATC I did a gel medium transfer of the flower design -
practicing for my lessons in 4 Artists 4 Ways!

The little black Eiffel Towers and the black French Border
German Scrap trim are from Collage Stuff, yum!

Frieda does love Vintage everything!!
I hope she enjoys these ATCs.


On a personal note, I have lots of things I'd like to share but not quite enough time! I am trying to sneak in here and share things as I can. My main focus right now is getting ready for our new online book arts course: Artful pages - 4 Artists 4 ways. It will open with the first lesson on Sunday, Feb 20th!! We are very excited about it (there are 4 of us teaching) and can't wait to see you there. My week of teaching is March 6 -12th, but I will definitely be in the classroom, participating all 4 weeks. And remember, if right now is not a good time for you, please know that this is also an ongoing class -join anytime : )

I am managing to post one photo a day to my online photo journal, so please stop by there. Another thing Frieda got me into that I just love! ~ Thank you : ) 

Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that this new world is born.  -- Anais Nin


4 comments:

  1. Dear Lenna,
    your ATC`s are all so wonderfully french - the images you used are perfect for them- and the style- and I love you used some french words!
    your friend will love them I`m sure.
    XO,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pages....the color, the textures, the subject....The ATC's are just wonderful...You did a great job.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, Lenna, I can't wait to clutch these to my chest, like like the dog on your blip today!! They are wonderful! And Dorthe is right, I LOVE them! Will let you know just as soon as they are here. Thanks so much for playing in my swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great subject matter, and your ATC's are superb!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...