Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lesson 2: color and pattern

Even though I have taken lots of Mary Green's classes before, I'm following along with her lessons in Artful Pages - 4 Artists 4 Ways. Mary motivates me to create! She really knows her way around composition and got me to try Vintage GlueBooks, which I now love doing. All you need is paper and glue! Well, I tend to add a little bit more, but that's okay. For lesson 2, Mary concentrated on color and pattern. Here's what I came up with after reading her lessons and handouts. I started my spread in my moleskine like this, below.

On the right is an over printing technique we learned

I added a wee bit of paint and ink to finished the spread like this-
That's me & my sister in Florida on my grandfather's boat

You can join us if you like, registration is open. Register or learn more here! You'll receive all 3 of Mary's lessons which are already up on the private blog and tomorrow (2/27) Hope's first lesson on Art Journaling is posted. I can't wait!! My week of Altered Book lessons is after Hope's (3/06) and then Lisa's yummy Fabric Page lessons start (3/13). It's awesome!

Our very good friends from NY (Garth & Nora) are visiting so I have stolen some time to do this while they were busy today. Now I'll get back to them! Check out my daily photo journal for a quick peek at the unusual visitor Nora met on our walk yesterday. Hope you are having a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful class...I am sitting here thinking how can I add something else but these different techniques sound so interesting......I know I would love all the techniques.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages, Lenna! Love the overprinting and the extra inking, which really gives a depth of colour.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...