Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lesson 1: Artful Pages



Lesson 1: Artful Pages, originally uploaded by creativelenna.

As well as teaching the Altered Books section for a week, you'll find me taking this class too ;^ ). Right now Mary Green is teaching Vintage GlueBooks the first week and this is my paper & glue collage response for lesson 1. I'm working in a small moleskine journal and I tried to keep Mary's components in mind while working. I choose some larger sized images because of her suggestions and tried to think about pattern and color. I used both "real" old paper and copies. I was so happy to finally use the couple Mary provided in another class. They are so elegant, don't you think? I haven't done any gluebook work for a while, so this was a treat! Below is how it looked before I added the postage stamp, the vine (free -from Mary's February challenge), The text cut from a book, and the bit of a patterned border (from Mary's Vintage Gluebook class).

I think the additions you see in the first photo really make this better.
Vintage Gluebooks are a new favorite of mine!

It is not too late at all to join us! You can register here: http://4artists4ways.typepad.com/



3 comments:

  1. Lenna your glue book page looks wonderful everything fits together perfectly.
    I look forward to start on mine, not had time yet.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you Gluebook looks awesome Lenna, I printed off some old photos and then got sick, good time there isn't a time limit on this, I look forward to getting started soon, now have to get some things listed on Etsy and my Heartful Creations so I have some extra shopping change! have awonderful weekend! Hugs xoxo Marilou

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...