Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Venice Skinny for Frieda

As part of the Oh My Gothic yahoo group, I needed to make a skinny page, 4" x 8" for my dear friend Frieda on her theme of Venice. Oh, the torture!! (not!) I admit I did procrastinate a little bit because of course wanted to make something special for her, but in the long run the looming deadline won out and I simply made myself start working on it. I decided it had to be a fabric page, so I gathered things first.


Above are fabric images from Alpha Stamps and a photo I printed onto fabric of my son Dallas, next to a canal in Venice. Yes, I have gotten a lot of mileage out of this photo! See here for another piece. I almost forgot to say, my son Dallas is in the 'States' for the Holidays and will be coming here to visit with his fiance' Liz on Sunday for 4 days!! They are employed by the International School of Trieste in Italy.




To see more of this skinny progression, view a short slideshow here! 

I loved creating this skinny page for Frieda Oxenham and I have already sent it off to her in Scotland. I hope it arrives swiftly despite all the snow she has been having . . .  and I also hope it delights her!  :  ^  ) lenna

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to welcome these pages to Scotland! They will be a gorgous addition to my Venice Skinny Pages album. Have a wonderful time when Declan arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you're looking forward to seeing your boy! Great skinny, love the images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! I love how you used the picture, Frieda will be thrilled when she sees it in person!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...