Friday, December 31, 2010

sketchbook progress


Another spread is done, just 2 more page spreads to go! 

It started like this . . . 


The paint you see is actually on another piece of paper (freezer paper) that I inserted into the sketchbook. It was leftover paper, I imagine from a nature printing session. It had been lying in one of my collage boxes for a long time. The photos of me at different ages are printed onto a clear transparency sheet. I used my xyron to adhere them. I added pattern tissue paper on top of the paint background with gel medium . . . .


Then I started adding Zentangle patterns and filling in with watercolor pencils -


More Zentangling and some journaling . . . . click for details


The finished spread with rubber stamping is below -


I find I have mixed feelings now as I am coming near the end of this project! I do want to finish the last two spreads and send this to the Art House co-op so it can join the other sketchbooks on Tour, but I am also a little sad it is almost complete. I will start a new journal for myself, but this first one is special. 

But I am so glad that my friend Sharon Walworth told me about this project. She was absolutely right when she said she found something she thought I would be interested in. If you would like to view all the pages in my sketchbook (that is not a sketchbook) please visit this flickr set. Expect the last 2 page spreads pretty soon!

- happy new year with lots of creative energy sent your way!


5 comments:

  1. Wow, so pretty! I admire (um, perhaps envy?) that you're almost done! I understand your mixed feelings, too...lots of work and creativity and then we have to send them away, not to be seen again (hmmm...until they come to Florida, that is). I think I'll be okay with it once we start getting feedback about people checking our books out. I hope our little books are treated nicely out there in the big, wide world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More wonderful pages! I'm so glad you explained how you achieved them, I'd never have been able to work out the different stages! Great photos.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous spread! I agree with Joanna about your explanation of the steps you took - thanks for the mini art lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful spread, Lenna and I can understand you feeling somewhat melancholy about letting the journal fly.
    Wishing you a wonderful New Year, full of health, happiness and beautiful surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This spread is fabulous, thanks for showing the step by step! I love using sewing patterns on my pages as well, adds such a great touch!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...