Thursday, December 2, 2010

Green Paper Collage challenge : )

close-up of "The letter"
Well, I am way behind in doing my lessons (Collage Basics class) with Mary because I've been quite busy, but this month's challenge on Mary's blog was just what I needed to get me creating! At the beginning of each month Mary gives us a challenge to use all three images she provides on a collage sheet. Read all about it and download the full size image sheet on this post found on Mary's blog: Green Paper. Below, see a smaller version of the required images & my collage response! Mary's challenge images for December:



And here is the full collage I did -it is 5" x 7" ~ click on it for more details. Once you get to the image you can click on it again for a larger version!


I used a floral background paper provided by Mary in the Collage Basics class to layer a copy of the woman printed on matte presentation paper on top of. First, I ran around the edges of her with a brown ink pad and painted her dress with shimmery Twinkling H2Os. I cut a slit under her arms so I could insert the letter. I glued the woman down to the background and then used a copy of "Presented" that I printed on vellum (sheer, almost see-through paper) over her. I had cut it so she was only half-way covered by the vellum. the black roses are a rub-on from Basic Grey. I used scraps of the vellum around the white edges of my  paper and then sewed a black & white check ribbon down one edge. 

Thanks, Mary. This creative work was just what I needed today! xo lenna 

16 comments:

  1. Oh she's lovely - I particularly like the way you've printed 'Presented' onto sheer paper and layered it on the winsome one. I bet her dress is even prettier in 'the flesh' - I love Twinkling H20's. You've inspired me to get on with Mary's challenge myself!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jo - your art is always an inspiration to me and this is no exception! Love all the layers and details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vellum is a genuis idea - such creativity! Beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lenna as always - AWESOME my friend. The clock is ticking and I to have fallen behind - hope to do some serious collaging this weekend. Cheers, J

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...OMG!!!! I sooooooo love this Lenna! Gosh, it really is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lenna, this piece is a gorgeous work of art. You have truly transformed the image in to something so thoughtful, sweet and alluring. My if I had a collage like this in my studio, I would be off dreaming and lost in another world. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, just wonderful. Love the layers, Lenna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the black rub on and how you've used the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is just beautiful! I love the gorgeous images and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the transparency of this piece. It has the result of making it so dreamlike! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful, Lenna! OMG, you´re moving again?? Hope you´ll have even more space and inspiration after you´ve unpacked your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marion, we bought a home here in Florida and moved out of our rental house in late September. I have a lovely studio here and it is close to my parents. We have moved too much though. I am tired of it! My studio is mostly unpacked, it will take some time with everything going on! xo lenna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome!!! Love the vellum idea,I may have to give that a try sometime. Your work is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lenna wonderful collage, very creatively made, love have you changed the bookcover.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lenna, thank you for your generous sharing and 'how tos'! Your ultimate collage is quite beautiful and, for me, the addition of the black put it into #1 place.
    Thanks again,
    Truly
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lenna, thank you for your time in showing us how you do your collages.
    This last one went straight to #1 in my books when you finished w/the black. Thanks again,
    Truly.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...