Wednesday, November 24, 2010

vintage fashion

My very good friend Frieda in the UK is hosting a Vintage Fashion ATC swap -how could I resist? Even though I knew I would be very busy hosting my own Mail Art Swap I had to sign up for this one! The rules were: pre-war fashions (1939), 3 trading cards for 3 -due Dec 15. All techniques were welcome, but most importantly, the cards have to look VINTAGE!! Frieda runs her swaps through ATCs for ALL and I must say I always enjoy these swaps thoroughly. Here is what I came up with . . . I have many images of vintage fashions to choose from, but finally decided on these old French postcards.


I scanned the postcards and then printed them out "wallet" size onto matte brochure paper and cut them out. I like this paper because it is a little heavier and seems to make the colors sing. 


I attached my images to watercolor paper ATCs, then used a different color watercolor crayon around the edge to frame each ATC, using my water brush to activate the color I laid down. 


I added a rubber stamp saying or quote to each ATC. I love my rubber stamps still, after all these years!


I finished each ATC with a white Sakura Glaze pen, doing various faux stitches around the edge of each ATC. This is a funny pen because it looks clear when wet, then later it dries white. I do like it! These ATCs were popped in the post on Monday 11/22 so Frieda should have them before long, with plenty of time for the deadline. Thank you so much, Frieda!!! This was another great vintage ATC swap, I loved it!

5 comments:

  1. And I'm so pleased you are in this swap, Lenna! Love the cards and can't wait to welcome them to Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lenna

    Thanks for visiting me!!!

    I've done two of Mary's classes and loved them both. I have one of your gorgeous ATC 'swaps' in my collection :)

    I love your postcards, the bright borders really 'sing' - I am a huge fan of sakura pens too. I love all the colours.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're so pretty - I like the look of that glaze pen too. The fab colours really give these ATC's clout!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each of the ladies is so pretty - like the sweet words you chose to go with each one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best swap theme ever, Frieda always comes up with great ones! Your ATCs are beautiful, love how you used the pen!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...