Saturday, November 27, 2010

lots of mail art!


The stack of envelopes above, are handmade envelopes for my Mail ART swap hosted on my creative swaps blog. I started making these a couple of weeks ago because of my intention to send home all swapped mail art  in an envelope I had created or decorated myself. Did I mention we have 56 participants registered for this swap? : ^ ) It is a good thing I love mail art! So far, 137 pieces of beautiful decorated mail have landed in my mailbox from near & far - and we still have one week left to go!! Participants from half of all 50 US states, plus Norway, the UK, the Netherlands, Australia, France, Germany and Canada are sending the most varied mail art to me everyday! See it all here on the creative swaps blog. It is really amazing! To make sure I am ready, I created more envelopes last night . . . mostly rubber stamped.





I still have another 15 or so to make . . . . 
perhaps some magazine envelopes?
or maybe some fabric ones?

This is keeping me busy! What have you been up to?


7 comments:

  1. The day this swap comes back, promises to be an absolute highlight for mail delivery! I'm SO looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Frieda, it'll be a fantastic day when these come through the letter box! Your envelopes are STUNNING Lenna - did you ever imagine 'having' to make so many?! I'm getting so excited:0)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Frieda and Joanna - receiving the three mail art swap envelopes, plus the one you make to send them in will be an exciting gift of shared time and inspiration. This is, without a doubt, the most fun $12 I've ever spent!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lenna...it's going to be such a delight to discover one of these in my mailbox...I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lenna, I can only add a ditto to all the compliments sent already. And, I too shall keep my out for the post even getting ready to put the something wonderful envelope in my mailbox!
    It has been BIG fun seeing all the envelopes as they arrive at your door. Glad for the joy they have brought you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wholeheartedly agree with all of the above. This is such a gigantic undertaking for you; but I can see that you are totally into it, Lenna! It will be so much fun to see what I get in this swap; each and every piece of mail art you have posted have been just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really appreciate all of your comments, thank you!! Now I'll go back to dreaming up some more envelopes -I am thinking of fabric ones now! : ) lenna

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...