Wednesday, November 3, 2010

GPP: What's your Hang-UP?


Michelle Ward has wonderful monthly creativity crusades on her Green Pepper Press Street Team blog. I am just starting to partake of them and love them! Moving house kept me away from participating last month, but this month I can participate at least once. ; ^ ) The November crusade is: What's your Hang-up?  Michelle gave us the challenge to frame and hang our own artwork in our home and also said, "If you already have your own art adorning your walls then show us!  Let's motivate each other this month to express ourselves as the artists we are by hanging our cool stuff on our walls."

I have started to put a few things up on the walls of my studio -both my own artwork as well as the work of others, but most of our artwork we usually have up on the walls has not come out of the packing boxes yet. Except for this one, which is very special to my husband and I and is always one of the first pieces of art we hang, no matter where we live! 


This is a collaborative painting Steven and I did together (taking turns) in 2006. The story and progression photos are here on my website -look for ColorPLaY (the title of the painting) a couple of paragraphs down the page. We hung this painting in our Kitchen this time, in our new home in Bradenton, Florida. 


Colorplay is about 30" x 24", not including the frame. Steven & I had a really great time collaborating on this painting and I love having such a huge piece (for me!) that I did with my husband up on the walls. In fact, I insisted that we hang the painting in our new kitchen so I could see it a lot. I also am more of a mixed media collage artist and I enjoy that Steven and I did a painting together! 

Thank you Michelle, as always for the creative crusade!
; ^  ) lenna 

13 comments:

  1. Lenna, first - welcome home! Second, thanks for being so speedy sharing your framed art with the street team! LOVE the story, LOVE that you made a collaborative painting with your husband. LOVE the art - so big too! Fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painting, and a lovely story to match it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - love this. The colour within the circluar elements is stunning. The take turns colaboration is a brilliant idea too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - no kidding Lenna - this is beautiful - the colors, the swirls, the lightness and playfulness - don't you just love having items with heartfelt meaning close to you?
    I'm excited to see more photos of your new h o m e!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty. The colors look great, and the idea of you guys collaborating on it is so cool.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you did this together, and that you always hang it up where you see it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool that you hung this painting up first thing after moving and that you and your husband collaborated on it. No wonder it's so special!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Lenna, this is such a lyrical work. I love the swirls; they make me happy. It is so cool that you were able to collaborate with your husband on it! Such a special piece....
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this & especially that you did it with your husband. I will have to get my husband involved with a painting sometimes. I ask for his input quite often as I lose my objectivity along the way. Just for fun we will do a progressive doodle when I start with a line or shape. Then we each get to add marks to the drawing. It's lots of fun. You might enjoy that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really a great piece of art. I can imagine it looks great on your wall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful piece. I love the collaborative aspect... makes it so special. No wonder it is treasured :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. As soon as you start to hang up art work, the house starts to feel like you belong. I have never done a collaborative art piece except for a few dolls.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...