Monday, October 18, 2010

zentangle quilt squares and moving

This post on the Zentangle® blog really caught my eye: Quilt squares! Check it out. Oh, what a fun thing to try sometime! The two samples shown on the post were done by Jane Monk with a long-arm quilting machine. Although I don't have one of those, this post is still giving me ideas! Zentangle is still a new art form for me but I love the marriage of the tangles (designs) with stitching. The Zentangle® art form and method was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. Zentangle® is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com where you can subscribe to their newsletter as well.

In the meantime, with my latest creative swap behind me & sent home, I have finally started unpacking my studio and office area. My family tells me I am the only one who is so hard on myself! Well, I do feel a little bit delinquent taking this long (one month) after we moved to start working on this studio project, but . . . .  there were reasons for my delay and in fact, I just really did not want to start until I was ready to tackle it! The most fun I have had so far is covering the wall in front of my computer desk with recent notes and gifts and some things that were near my desk in other homes I lived in . . .


I have opened boxes of paints, brushes, sponges & gel medium . . .   and returned them to the armoire where I previously stored them.


And bless Steven, he refinished my big work table for me by sanding it and adding polyurethane to finish it beautifully. I had bought it UNfinished, way before we were married. I think it looks so pretty and will hold up to my abuse so much better now - thank you Steven!! The sewing machine is already set up, and my fabric is stored in clear plastic bins nearby in the garage, so I'm getting there!! It feels good to have started this . . . and I will continue, one step at a time and then share photos here when I am done. I will also be working on my document/lesson about Mail ART for my next art exchange, in-between this unpacking and organzing & will let you know as soon as I am ready to announce that swap on my other& blog: creative swaps. Have a great day!


6 comments:

  1. I love the table situated under the window like that, it's really pretty. I think sorting out your studio a month after moving in is actually quite quick - and look what else you've been up to.....family, canoe trips, life. Great fun.

    Looking forward to reading about your new mail art swap.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great Lenna! The first time i moved it took me 6 months to finally put everything away!

    I love the zentagles stuff too...I am practicing! Eases the mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree Sharon, the zentangles are truly like a meditation. I've got to do some more . . . and I do know where my micron pens are!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your photographs. Love that table your husband has finished off for you.
    Thanks for the Zentangle picture and am now off with those links - it is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, a house is only a true home when it has a sewing machine up and running! The studio is looking good already, Lenna. And even with that sewing machine it is possible to do free machine quilting in a Zentangle fashion as you saw on that blog! All it needs is to drop your feeddogs and practice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyhting looks so pretty and ready for creative fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...