Friday, October 29, 2010

a rak from Linda K

It has been quite a while since I've personally sent out any "random acts of kindness". A "rak" is usually a card or a postcard, or sometime a small gift. A number of years ago, it was quite the typical thing for me to do -send out a bunch of raks randomly, for no other reason than it would be nice for the recipient. ; ^ ) Well, today I received an incredible rak! It's purpose was to congratulate us on our new home so it was not totally random, but it was so unexpected and so touching that I'm definitely considering it a rak!

Linda Kunsman, who has participated in many of my creative swaps, sent me the most incredible card featuring photos she had copied of me and my husband and our two dogs!! Plus she made the cutest little house that I can hang up in my studio or anywhere. See below-click for more details! I must admit Linda has made houses for me before . . . but notice that this one says, "Home at last".

Isn't this the greatest?? Made by Linda K. for me & Steven.

I love Linda's stamp for "card art" with her initials. 

Linda has a knack for taking present-day photos and combining them with scrapbook paper, paint, words and collage. When Steven & I got married, she created an extra piece (for us) through one of my swaps that used photos in much the same way; you can see it here. This is still one of my all-time favorite pieces of art that anyone has made for me. Thank you ever so much, Linda!

5 comments:

  1. Such a lovely gift!
    BTW, I love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Renate. It is the top half of a collage I did in 2008. The collage is framed, but packed in a box for a year and a half during our move to Florida. I look forward to finding it and hanging it here in my new home.
    : ) lenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Renate - great new header!

    Sweet RAK gift from your kind and clever friend. And I love what she made for you for your wedding - beautiful. I can see why it is such a favourite.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful surprise, she is just the sweetest.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new header is BEAUTIFUL and I really enjoyed seeing the whole piece in your latest post!

    How sweet of Linda to send you this very personal RAK, she is a true friend!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...