Sunday, October 31, 2010

10.30.10 sketchbook project

I carved a space out among the boxes waiting to be unpacked in my studio and really enjoyed working on this spread in my sketchbook. It is very mixed-media and very "lenna-like" with lots of different things to see. Click on any photo or scan for more detail. Thanks for looking! I think this spread is weird and wonderful . . .

a scan of the whole spread

when I stitched on the new spread I also stitched on the previous one. When I added a pink water soluble pastel to my new pages, the color seeped through the stitching holes to the thread now on the previous page - a surprise! 

you can see how thick my sketchbook is getting and how devoted to art my dogs are! You can see more of their bandannas here! 

A photograph of the new spread of pages.
With the photograph you can see all the little bits I like to leave sticking out for interest! To start my spread, I used one of the cemetery images I photograped for Lisa's skinny page. It is a transparency and I laid it over handmade paper.

a close up of my collage work -click for detail. The mermaid is stamped on fabric that was printed with one of my own  photographs. It was a test piece for ATCs made earlier this year -I found it in one of my collage boxes.

I found this rusty piece on one of my walks earlier this year and was thrilled to have a use for it! An old color slide was glued on top of it. Both of these items were in a collage box where I stash things to work with later. Again, click for DETAIL!

A close of of the left hand side. I used handmade paper embedded with leaves. 
-there are lots of details when you click!

happy to share this with you . . .  lenna

3 comments:

  1. Some much beautiful detail to take in here, and it all melds so well together! Love that rust metal too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning spread, Lenna, and as beautiful as all the "lenna" pages! Love the fact you too have a box for found objects that just might come in handy one day. It's the first thing I stumble over when I enter my studio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lenna your sketchbook looks fantastic, love your pages with so many different detail and the colors are great.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...