Monday, September 27, 2010

paddling to Gilligan's island


This was my view from under the shade of mangrove trees yesterday, when we stopped for a rest from paddling. After weeks of packing, moving and now, unpacking and organizing, I told Steven I was ready for a break! The conditions have to be good for paddling one of our canoes around here, so I requested the next time the wind and the tides were right, for Steven to take me out with him. He said, "I know, we can paddle to Gilligan's island." That sounded like fun! This is a deserted island in the Perico Bayou, not far from our new home. We left the shore around 2 pm and returned around 4pm, so it was not too hard a paddle.

I find the Florida sky amazing . . .  click on any photo for more detail.
the water is beautiful, and the fish are literally jumping!
The cormorants were drying their wings after diving under water -wild!
This is Gilligan's island!!
My dad's handmade boat is beautiful and serves us very well.

We made it to the island, and then promptly went swiming! 

* happy paddlers *

white egret: a common sight for me now.
Trailering the beautiful boat back home . . . 
Till next time!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely time you had - beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, does it ever look gorgeous! Great photos, Lenna. Still summer with you. Over here, we are thoroughly into fall already.
    Glad the move went well and hope you are finished unpacking soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that water looks so tempting specially with those beautiful blue skies above. And how amazing to be able to reach an actual island and be the only ones there!
    And so romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like paradise Lenna! Really...I am sure it is! Gorgeous!
    Please send sun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...