Thursday, September 9, 2010

new home

Just a note to let you know the closing for our new home on Tuesday morning went fine. Probably the easiest one we ever did. Hmmmm, don't ask Steven how many times we have moved since we got married only 5 years ago, or he'll launch into one of his stories complete with full regalia! Truthfully, if you count his move out of a condo and into my house in 2005, this will be our 5th move -ugh, I know. Too much moving! Now, we did move 1500 miles the last time and into a rental house, so that should have some bearing on this exceptionally large number. No matter, we are now the happy owners of a great little house in NW Bradenton that is delightfully a few short minutes drive from my parent's house that we hope to stay in for a nice long while.


We have not actually moved there yet, moving day is the 20th of Sept. We are using this time to paint the walls, rip up the rugs, have someone tile the bedroom floors, install studio cabinets (thank you, steven!) and have the electrician over. I am packing up boxes, getting ready for the moving truck.


This is the backyard! Imagine our delight finding these huge, wonderful trees in Florida?


That is my studio window, from the outside above - and the inside, below!


we are blessed

I have one last commitment art-wise that I will be working on when I need a break from boxing up. It is already started and I look forward to working on it. I'll be back for that, but if I am otherwise scarce, now you know why! 

12 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely wonderful Lenna! I can feel your joy, and I am so happy for you!!
    Housewarming hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have found a perfect place to put down some roots. It looks lovely and I know you will fill it with love and magic. Can't wait to see your studio when you are all settled in. Wishing you a smooth move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have moved more than I care to discuss too....the biggest job always seems to be the art studio itself. Good luck...you have a nice room to move all your material into...that is great.
    have a smooth move.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lenna
    I am SO glad that you have found your home! Well done and it looks so beautiful. I cannot wait to see photos of your studio full and of the first piece you create in it!
    Congratulations and Happy Home!
    lots of love and hugs
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That backyard is beautiful, Lenna! And, the view from your studio is wonderful. May you and Steven have many happy years in your sweet new home. Moving is a lot of work, so it will be good to stay in one spot for awhile. Sounds like you have been busy getting it move-in ready!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on an awesome find. I love the huge trees and the backyard is wonderful. I wish you many many happy years there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HURRAY! It's all yours now officially, and the house looks lovely! The trees are the absolulte highlight for me, so mature, they must have been there for so long already. I love the feeling of continuity that creates and I hope you and Steven will be very, very happy here for many, many years to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for you all! Looks like the pups have a nice fenced in yard to enjoy too. You know I have to mention that I put your new addy in my book-in pen-so I hope it's a sign :):)A one story like this one would be my choice if I could move again. Best of luck with the move! Linda K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Lenna - it looks fabulous - and your studio - wow - what beautiful windows you'll have to allow nature to inspire you and light to guide you!
    It's been so enjoyable to follow your move and knowing you'll soon to be settling in to a place you can truly call home! And close to your parents I'm sure will be so comforting to your family.
    xx
    Trudi

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like it will be a very happy home. What a nice, light and airy studio space!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh joy!!! Your new home looks wonderful, the yard is amazing & the windows in your new studio space are so nice & large....it's all so lovely!!!

    I'm so happy for you & your family, this will really help you put down roots & hopefully, you'll be staying there for a nice, long while!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...