Monday, August 9, 2010

tiny feather finds a home

Steven came to me yesterday with a grin and said, "I found something you could make an inchie with . . . "


If you click on that photo you might be able to make out the tiny, tiny feather that he found! I have been doing a lot of work in my sketchbook recently . . . but I thought a good place for this teeny tiny feather might be the smaller moleskin journal I started during the Your Vintage GlueBook class I took with Mary Green (still available as a self-paced class). I enjoyed that class so much, I recently signed up for Mary's Collage Coterie Online Workshop that is soon to begin on August 15th - whoo whoo! I highly recommend any of Mary's classes. Anyway . . . . I chose the smaller of these two moleskin journals ( 3.5" x 5.5 ") I've been working in, to find a home for my tiny feather.


First, I covered the blank pages with an old dictionary page that included a plover (bird).
I added transparencies, a postage stamp from Sabine Busch in Germany, brown
watercolor crayon and gold pigment powder AND the tiny feather (near the plover).

Here is the finished spread - and one that is mine to keep!

9 comments:

  1. I've really been enjoying your gluebook and sketchbook pages. Sweet Steven to bring you gifts for your books. :-)
    How did you get a cursive signature on your blog notes? So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elaine. I love hearing from you! For the cursive signature . . . what I did was sign my name on a piece of plain paper, then scan it and then save the scan. I cropped it down in size and saved it as a jpg file, like a photo. Then when I write a blog post and want to insert my signature, I just add that jpg file like a photo in the blog post!!
    xxo lenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the spread you have done to include the feather Steven found for you! Great pages, Lenna.

    Thanks for the instructions on how to add a personal signature to a blog post - I will have to try that! Hope you don't mind???

    Swap envy went out today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind at all!! It is fun to be able to do that. Thanks joy & elaine : ^ )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the spread, Lenna. And isn't it wonderful to have a husband that gets what you do and even brings you stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet spread using such a thoughtful gift! And thanks for the info re the signature, I might well put it to good use if ever we get broadband!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How special..to use a gift in your journal pages....and by the way, I love these pages....they are very special.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creative way to include that tiny feather. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...