Wednesday, August 4, 2010

steven's collage for Aunt Lee

Since I mentioned it in my green paper challenge post earlier, I thought I would share my husband Steven's collage he made for his Aunt Lee - since I just love this! I think that Aunt Lee is celebrating her 89th birthday up on Wolfe Island, in the 'big house' you saw as a postcard in the book I made for Steven (and for Mary Green's challenge).


You'll see a couple of the same photos I used in my book, in Steven's collage above. When he finished he left the additional photos he did not use out on the work table and I was drawn to them . . . ready-to-use inspiration for me! That's a photo of me and Aunt Lee (steven's father's sister) at the top of the collage, taken last year. I love the map/chart of Wolfe Island that Steven used as a background . . . 



2009 - the same 'big house', same property
beautiful Wolfe Island - the 'big house' is behind a tree on the right.
Steven's family cottage is farthest to the left.  

We won't be travelling there this year, but hopefully next year!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, two artists in the family!! Love the collage and have fallen head over heel in love with that house. How wonderful to still have it in the family after all those years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lenna, it's beautiful and your Steven is amazing!
    Have a wonderful evening.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. He did a marvelous job on this collage, it's so bright and clean! I LOVE that you have pics of the house then and now! What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post....
    I have enjoyed my visit her so much and I will definitely be back....

    Great blog.....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...