Saturday, August 28, 2010

more of lesson 4

Here is more of what I did in Lesson 4: Collage Coterie Online Workshop with Mary Green. Mary taught us about 3 x 3 composition and the placement of dominant and supportive images. A scan of my finished spread in my small 3 1/2" x 5" moleskine journal is below -click on it for more detail.


I decided to use scrapbook paper instead of vintage papers as a background for this exercise and to use a white Fabrico' ink pad instead of white paint. It gave a similar look, just lighter, like I wanted. 



I chose my images and placement and added watercolor crayon -
don't tell me you are surprised! 

I finished this with a dictionary quote, some handmade paper and
a bit of german scrap trim.

I  think tomorrow is another lesson already! I have a very large swap to swap out, so I may have to try to resist even looking at it for a bit : ^ ). If you have not checked out creative swaps lately, please do! So much to see!

7 comments:

  1. I like the paper and white ink AND the watercolor crayon here. You always manage to create wonderful pages - don't know how you do all that you do, dear Lenna! But, I am eagerly awaiting my swap outs!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog....oh so much to see and be inspired by...wonderful work you display here!
    Cynthia Schelzig

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Lenna, and I love the colours! And like Joy, I too can barely wait to see what the postie will bring me in the near future!! Garden Galore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i just jump in and make myself start to do something i want to, Joy! That is the way it works for me : ) AND, I am on the floor of my studio now, swapping the postcards and ATCs out. Garden variety galore, you are right Frieda! phew! I'll keep you posted here: creative swaps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE this! The vintage image is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lenna,
    soooooo beautiful.TFS.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your journals and the photos of the process, it 's kind of fun to follow along in your doings and see what comes out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...