Thursday, August 19, 2010

color + contrast in collage



crop2-Lesson2, originally uploaded by creativelenna.
A small portion of a page I did for for Lesson 2 of Mary Green's Collage Coterie Online Workshop. Her prompt for this lesson was: Colors in Nature. This made me think of greens & browns . . . and trees. For contrast, I printed Mary's black & white images she included in this lesson onto a handmade patterned paper I created in her last online class- Your Vintage GlueBook class ; ^ ) Can you tell I just love Mary's classes -they are excellent and you can still join if you like! i used watercolor crayons around the edges and yes, a bit of pigment powder! Click on the photo above to see the whole spread in my flickr account. Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Your work makes me really curious about this online workshop. It looks great!
    Sunny regards - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is de-lish, Lenna! Wonderful colours and content, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irma, I highly recommend Mary Green's online classes. She is organized, has great content but is not too long winded or complicated (good when you are already busy). I have been inspired by her teaching and the classes have helped me to create more, and to try new things in my collage art! The group of artists that take from her are fantastic and we share our art in a group flickr pool. Go to this link to find out more: Collage Coterie Online Workshop. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell in love with this one as soon as I spotted it on Flickr! So beautiful and I love the way the black/white images look on the background! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and so visually pleasing. Wonderful elegant design and color use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful...very sloothing..
    Great work....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...