Tuesday, August 17, 2010

butterfly artist trading cards

How I managed to sneak in making these ATCs, I don't know! I think it had something to do with my son Dallas who is here visiting us, zipping off to the local thrift shops. This is one of his favorite things to do, as I would say he has eclectic taste in clothes! He came back a few hours later with a number of $5 ties (as in men's neck ties). He likes to wear them when he is at work in the school library (in Italy). He also found a lovely sweater for his fiance' Liz (they just got engaged!!) from the "British Colony of Hong Kong" and some new argyle socks! But I digress . . . Dallas' time away on the day of the mailing deadline prompted me to fullfil my wish of participating in this ARTchix swap. The requirements were to make 6 ATCs using either the Hot Butterflies collage sheet, the Cool Butterflies collage sheet, or both! I chose the download option from ARTchix Studio a few days ago which meant I got a download version of my collage sheets immediately. I printed out the Cool Butterflies on a prepared fabric sheet and the Hot Butterflies on a sheet of matte brochure paper with my ink jet printer, and got to work!

one of my fabric ATCs - the fabric sheet was stitched
with interfacing behind it, then a paper card was slipped
in between the front and backing piece for stiffness.
the back of the ATC above
one of my paper ATCs cut from a section of the Hot Butterflies
sheet printed on paper, although the butterflies on top
are cut from the Cool Butterflies fabric sheet I made.
the back of the one above.  The "paper" ATCs were done
on a canvas-paper base.
Two fabric ATCs. I cut sections of 2.5 x 3.5 pieces of the collage sheet printed
 on fabric and added words from ARTchix Studio sheets & extra butterflies
for dimension - click for more details.
the back of the two ATCs above came from a large piece of
fabric paper I painted and collaged earlier this year.
Two paper ATCs done on canvas paper. On the left: watercolor crayons and
a transparency of a photo. On the right: handmade paper, watercolor crayons,
pigment powder and rubber stamping. Click for more details.
the back of the 2 ATCs above

I am so glad I was able to make time to participate in this swap! These collage sheets were calling for me to work with them. To see all of the entries for this swap, check out the Butterfly Artist Trading card album and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I really hope one of these butterflies will flutter all the way across the Atlantic to come to Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Butterfly ATCs, Lenna! So happy to see your beautiful art in this swap! Love seeing all of the techniques you used! Such an inspiring post, thank you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterflies are fantastic! I love butterflies!!!

    By the way, the garden postcards are on their way since Monday. The should make it!

    Hugs,
    Sabine

    P.S. Thanks a lot for your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lenna, I'm so glad you decided to join this swap! Wouldn't it be fun if one of your butterflies made it all the way to Canada, only to come back to Florida (to me)?! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...