Monday, July 26, 2010

tomato and avocado

sounds yummy, doesn't it?? In fact we had that for dinner the other night as a salad, mmmm! In this case though, avocado green and tomato red was the color combo for July's Colour Groupies ATC exchange.





The images are fabric, from the majestic tomato collage sheet at Alpha Stamps. I like that Leslie gives you the choice of cardstock (paper), sticker, transparency or fabric when ordering. The green leafy vine can also be found at Alpha Stamps: stitched leaf ribbon. I played with the placement of the images and ribbon and then used decorative stitches with my Brother sewing machine. I love this inexpensive machine got 2 years ago. It is just right for the mixed media work I do. I left the edges raw as I am partial to that look, and sent them off to frieda in scotland, debby in canada & caryl in illinois. Everyone has received their ATC now and so, I can share them with you! Coming up next month is the combo of Ivory and Mango. I have some lovely ripe mangos in my kitchen courtesy of one of my parent's trees, so we'll have to see where I go from there! Thanks for visiting. 

1 comment:

  1. How lovely! The vine over top is such a great finishing embellishment!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...