Thursday, July 29, 2010

first spread

The first spread of pages in my sketchbook project . . .


Both sides are fabric pieces I did, glued to the pages. I somehow feel this project is just showing me what to do. I was not planning on journaling! I have never kept an artist journal. It just seemed like I needed to write for this project and so that is what I did. Who knows what will come next? I received comments about being brave to start with my covers for this project . . . Truthfully, I felt I needed to do that and I also wanted to do that to 'set the stage' so to speak, to get me started with this project. For me, getting started is making myself jump in. Once I jump, I do not worry, I just swim! Does that sound silly? Well, it is the truth for me. How about you? How do you get geared up to create? I'd love to hear!


2 comments:

  1. What a great start, Lenna, and of course I love the fact you used fabric. I just feel this sketchbook will go swimmingly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. still creating such
    beautiful art,
    hope your family
    is shining,
    precious shells,
    precious sounds,
    all of you...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...