Wednesday, June 16, 2010

guest designer for Alpha Stamps

As I briefly mentioned in my post yesterday about creating Tristan's gift - I have been busy behind the scenes with some artwork I could not show you until it was revealed on Alpha Stamps. I was recently asked to be a guest designer and so I made the following samples below plus the last 2 cards and envelopes shown on Tristan's gift post -the cards with the themes "Be Happy Every Day" and "Botanica". I concentrated on postcards and ATCs for my samples, to coincide with the Alpha Stamps garden Variety Swap I am hosting on creative swaps. It was fun work!

Pink Roses collage sheet on fabric left + right sides.
Graphic 45 'Birds in paradise' paper in the middle.  Pieces are sewn onto a
muslin base, then backed with a card stock postcard back. 

Tulip Slides + ATCs collage sheet  fabric left + right sides.
In the middle is part of a fabric collage I made based on Frieda's Instructions. The
pieces 
are sewn onto a muslin base, then backed with a card stock postcard back.

 Majestic Tomatoes collage sheet and Creative Scraps-sheet/ Vintage:Garden.
 I started with a text background from an old magazine, inked it with Adirondack ink
to make it look older, then smeared white paint on top of all.

I photo copied a master onto card stock & I am giving this master
to swap participants with their instructions.

 Teresa Collins Travel Ledger scrapbook paper is the base to create my postcard -
Creative Scraps-Vintage:Garden, Graphic 45 Domestic Goddess collection - Farmer's market 

sheet. The butterflies and square lady postage stamp = Graphic 45 Botanicabella. I brushed gel 
medium over the front of  this one. The back is the next scan.

 I stamped the Postcard/Correspondence/Address - from Alpha Stamps.

image is from tulip slides + ATCs sheet, fabric. 3 glass flowers and 1 plum leaf
were hand sewed on and the fabric was sewn to a card stock base with a decorative stitch.
The card stock was painted bright yellow around the edges with watercolor crayons. 

image is from Women + Flowers (paper). 3 small lucite flowers from Alpha Stamps
were painted with a bit of Lumiere (white pearl) paint. I used  watercolor crayons around the
edge first, then a bit more white pearl paint over that and hand drew a stitching line. 

 image is from the Sunflowers collage sheet, paper. I sewed the paper
image onto a piece of fabric with batting underneath, then backed it to
a piece of card stock. 2 paper flowers and 1 glass flower from AS is sewn on. 

 Teresa Collins Travel Ledger scrapbook paper is the base to create my postcard.
I added a large image from the Sunflowers collage sheet. The little brownie running with the mail 

is from Alpha Stamps, the bird & flowers is tissue paper. The back is the next scan.

 I stamped the Postcard/Correspondence/Address and sunflowers-all from Alpha Stamps.
I colored the sunflowers with water color pencils. The button ribbon and plaid ribbon
in the middle are also from Alpha Stamps.  


There you have it, why I was so quietly busy!! You can find all of the supplies for the samples I created above on the Alpha Stamps Summer Garden Theme Page. If you have time, I would love to see you in the swap!
  Go HERE for all of the swap details!!
happy day, lenna

1 comment:

  1. You have a unique and magical touch! Of course, being a "color" person myself, I adore how you use your brights!!!
    Grand designs!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...