Monday, June 21, 2010

family fun

Well, my visiting family has returned home . . . we took everyone to the airport late yesterday afternoon. It was wonderful to spend time with my sister and nephew and to have my son Decklin & his partner Tina stay here with us. Oh! Except for the fact that our AC broke and we had to all live in a very hot house (it's been in the 90's outside) until our landlord could get a replacement unit. Thank goodness for ceiling fans! Unfortunately the AC was out the entire time my family was visiting : (  but we survived! We often went over to my mom & dad's quite a bit to cool off and go swimming. I did not take a lot of photos, but I have a few to share . . .

Tina and Decklin in the sun!

Tina & Deck at our rental house 
Decklin, Lenna, Asia & Chloe!

Decklin will be 29 in September, wow!

Below are my favorite photos from the visit, taken on father's day of my dad and Steven. They spend a lot of time together most every day in the workshop space they are renting. When my mom & dad's house in Avon, CT sold recently, they moved all dad's woodworking tools from CT to this workshop space in Bradenton! The sailboat the two of them are repairing and making sea worthy is almost finished . . . I will catch up with photos on that soon, but the beginning of the project can be seen HERE on flickr.

my dad & husband steven, at dad's house on the bayou

Dad does not like steven too much!!!
We had a great visit!
I was able to get the Tag Book swap completed and mailed out today. Hooray! My swaps are held on a separate blog called creative swaps and the new swap I announced recently already has 41 participants registered!! I am also having a give-away on that blog celebrating the 700 posts I've written: the prize is a chance to win FREE registration to one of my creative swaps! Just head over to the creative swaps blog, visit this post and leave a comment -before June 25th!   : )))) lenna young

2 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see everyone and don't you and Steven look relaxed (as does everyone else!). The move to Florida looks like it did you the world of good! And your Dad looks amazing! Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the finished boat.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...