Saturday, May 22, 2010

yellow : )) quite right

These two yellow ATCs were made for the ARTchix Flickr group where a bi-weekly ATC lotto is held. Whoever wins the lotto, picks a new theme and 2 weeks later, a new winner and host for the next round. The current host is my friend in Scotland, Frieda Oxenham whose favorite colour is yellow! I have made 2 ATCs in hopes that I can send one to the winner, and one to Frieda. The first ATC is all sewn, including the paper elements which are all from ARTchix Studio. The darker strip of yellow on the left is from an Indian print dress I used to wear many years ago, a favorite. I have saved a bit of the fabric through 2 marriages and many house moves!! I thought Frieda would enjoy that . . . I know she hoards fabric too!!

front 1
back 1 - the back is paper, sewed on
I'm just mad about Saffron.
A-Saffron's mad about me.
I'm-a just mad about Saffron.
She's just mad about me.
They call me Mellow Yellow,
Quite rightly.
They call me Mellow Yellow,
Quite rightly.
They call me Mellow Yellow.
front 2
back 2 - this is an old playing card

I'm just mad about Frontine.
A-Frontine's mad about me.
I'm-a just mad about-a Frontine.
A-She's just mad about me.
They call me Mellow Yellow.
They call me Mellow Yellow,
Quite rightly.
They call me Mellow Yellow.

The second ATC is also fabric with paper, but no sewing this time. I used my xyron adhesive machine instead. The images again are all from ARTchix Studio. Yellow is not a color I typically reach for, but I really enjoyed exploring it and can see why it is Frieda's favorite color. It makes me think of all the daffodils in Frieda's Macbiehill gardens! and I cannot resist but to add:


enjoy!! : ) lenna

5 comments:

  1. love your pieces - love yellow - love Donovan!

    this is a terrific post - so sunshine-y and mellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you simply the sweetest!! How wonderful to make one just for me! And I love the idea that you're using a much beloved dress as part of the card, it's like incorporating good memories! Yes,you've guessed right, I too have clothes dating back to when I was a teenager because I simply can't bear to part with them and incorporating them into art is a genius of an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And by the way, all that yellow matches Tristan's blog giveaway button SO well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, such pretty yellow cards and OF COURSE I love the song!!

    You always make such pretty things - so glad I popped in today.

    - vicki xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellow is awesome! I really like the sunshine style that is kinda mustard yellow. Though when I think of yellow I am reminded more of daisies than any other flower, don't really know why because technically it should remind me of sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...