Monday, May 3, 2010

A monochromatic 2" x 2" collage

Over at My Artistic Life Helga gave us a challenge of creating a monochromatic (one color) twinchie.
2" x 2"
I took a 2" square piece of watercolor paper paper and covered it with 2 different sized squares of pink fabric, using Tacky glue to attach the fabric to the paper card. Then I used a watercolor crayon around the white edges of the paper square and on top of the fabric too; with a wet brush I activated the crayon. I found a section of a large fabric paper collage I had made & stamped with pink mark, cut a snippet and layered that on. There is also a bit of a pink paper Helga made for her master board challenge, underneath part of an inchie she designed: "desire, discover, dance". I finished this tiny collage with a bit of pink lace edging from my large fabric paper collage and a good amount of pink glitter. Thanks, Helga!!

4 comments:

  1. Very cool Lenna! Love the color, and all the details and mediums....all in such a small space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is sooo pretty, Lenna! Love it!! Thanks so much for playing! By the way, love your new background on your blog, looks lovely!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for emphasing that sometimes one colour is all you need.

    I achieved something similar in my latest ATC I created last month.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...