Saturday, May 29, 2010

mermaid skinny

As part of my monthly “skinny book” page exchange, I’ve made a 4” x 8” two-sided mermaid page for my friend in the group with me, Cat Dodt-Ellis. We can make the pages out of paper or fabric, or a mix, but I know Cat loves fabric so that is what I used. I also had some great mermaid images on fabric from www.alphastamps and applied them liberally!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I always start by making each side of the page separately, and then put them together after embellishing. I used my sewing machine with it’s various stitches on the pages first. There is a piece of cotton batting behind each page.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Below is a close up of the front before I added shells and glass spheres
–click on it for a larger picture.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

To put the two sides together I used Tacky Glue and a piece of heavy interfacing to strengthen the page.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA 

The shells all came from Florida . . . . tacky glue holds them well.
mermaid.4Cat102AA 

This is the back, below . . . . .
i sewed on tiny "pearls", then added glass spheres and shells.
mermaid.4Cat601

The two sides get put together back to back and top to bottom so Cat can flip through her book once she has received all the pages : 0 ) The front . . .
mermaid.4Cat406

mermaid.4Cat2BB05
for Cat, enjoy!! Your page is already swimming through the postal system to meet you! xo lenna  p.s. You can view ALL the skinny pages I've made so far this year: CLICK HERE!

5 comments:

  1. Lenna, the pages for Cat are gorgeous, gorgeous. She will love these.
    Have a great weekend sweetie.
    Hugs,
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Cat is going to love these beauties. They swim beautifully on the skinny pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! Thanks for the explanation and pictures, so helpful! Your partner will love them I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am SO excited......I so love the pages you created for me, Lenna. The fabrics are gorgeous & the embellishments are perfection!!! The images are so lovely, some of my favorites....how did you know :D
    I will treasure these pages as I treasure your friendship...thank you again for sharing your art with me!!!
    xo,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic, Lenna! Thanks for sharing your technique!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...