Monday, May 10, 2010

complimentary colors - twinchie challenge

On My ARTistic Life last week, Helga Strauss gave us a new challenge: "Make a twinchie (2" square collage) with complimentary colors." She wanted them uploaded by Monday -today,  May 10th -eep! I believe I just made it in under the wire . . .  I chose brown + blue as my complimentary colors and started by drawing blue circles with my trusty watercolor crayons on a 2" square of watercolor paper. I thought it looked pretty cool, just like this:


But since this is an ARTchix Studio challenge, I wanted to add something artchixy! I had recently downloaded the new Cool Silhouettes collage sheet and printed it onto a clear Transparency with my Ink Jet Printer. Don't you think it was the perfect choice? I love it because it doesn't obscure my complimentary colors.

Fabulous fun, Helga! I look forward to your next spin of the color wheel  : ^) lenna 

5 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!! Love the transparency over the already gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The transparancy print was pure genuis, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lenna, LOVE this!!! I agree, it looked so pretty with just your blue and brown watercolors...but then you added the transparency and it looks extra awesome! Great idea! LOVE it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Lenna, just like a dreamy night sky!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lenna
    I love this twinchie! The transparency is perfect. I had forgotten those water colour crayons I bought for your course - you have inspired me to dig them out again!!!
    Fabulous work as always
    hugs
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...