Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ocean ATCs



Ocean ATCs, originally uploaded by creativelenna.

I just finished these 10 ATCs tonight (yes, ten!) for a swap hosted through the Circle of Friends yahoo group, a new group for me which hosts monthly swaps on a theme. When I joined last week I saw that 'Ocean' was a theme, but realized I had just missed the deadline. I was really happy when Caroline said she needed someone to fill in for this swap at the last minute. I had just found an old fishing net and had lots of ideas!


The small round iridescent glass spheres you see in 2 sizes can be found at www.alphastamps.com - they are one of my favorite embellishments. Besides the photos shown here, you can also view more (and with much more detail) with a slideshow of how I made these fabric ATCs. I started by printing one of my water/shell/ocean photos onto fabric and using that as a base. I also had a couple of visitors to my studio while I was making them -they are in the slide show too : )

lenna young andrews April 6, 2010 in cortez, Florida

8 comments:

  1. Lenna, these are absolutely awesome! Love the use of the net and fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these - so tactile and love all the details.
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely and certainly represent the theme perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always amazing!! The net and fabric suit this so well, and your photos !!! Incredible Lenna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can almost smell the ocean! So appropriate for your new location!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! i can't wait till they arrive so I can really get a good eyeing on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lenna, these are gorgeous!! Your new group is going to want you to be in every swap for sure.

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...