Friday, April 9, 2010

Dove Grey and Pink ATCs



DoveGrey-Pink ATC.Caryl, originally uploaded by creativelenna.
Above is an enlarged version (from flickr) of the ATC I made for  Caryl Hoobler as part of the Color Groupies exchange. I made these ATCs a while ago but needed to keep them under wraps until everyone in the group had received them, so it would be a surprise! We have a small, closed group of just four artists now, who exchange ATCs on a monthly basis. The only rule is that we create our ATCs based on a specific color combination and for March, our color combo was Pastel pink and Dove Grey. I started out with that HUGE fabric-paper collage I made last month.
My, my, it's looking kind of 'holey' now! I got the pieces below from it -I thought they would work; click for more detail.
I hand sewed silver (grey) beads on to the fabric pieces, added decorative sewing with pink thread and beautiful clear stickers with birds, from Alpha Stamps.
The photo in the ATC above is of my father and his sister when they were very small. I had incorporated it into my original fabric-paper collage, and then cut the fabric so to include it in the ATC, which was sent to  Debby Harriettha.

The photo on the ATC above is me this time, on a boat when I was a young girl visiting my grandmother in Florida! This ATC was sent to my very good friend,  Frieda Oxenham.
This last ATC I made for myself! I like to create an extra one to keep and display with the other ATCs I receive from Debby, Caryl and Frieda. I have a couple of very fat notebooks containing all these ATCs for inspiration as this is my 3rd year participating. Next month, look for Pomegranate & Plum as our color combo! lenna young andrews - April 9th, 2010

5 comments:

  1. They are all beautiful Lenna and I adore mine.
    Hugs,
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, stunning, stuuuuunnning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have and will always make the best ATCs. : D Hope all is well with you!xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ATCs, Lenna! I would love to look through those notebooks - they are surely a treasure trove!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wonderful, Lenna. It's great to read the stories behind the ATCs and needless to say I will treasure mine with that lovely picture on it! I also adore seeing that huge collage looking like Swiss cheese!! Great fuzzy cutting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...