Saturday, April 10, 2010

Beatles or Stones songs -Marion's Annual ATC swap

Well! I just cannot say enough good things about Marion Bockelmann's art - I really love what she does! So, when she announced on her blog that she was going to host her Annual Beatles songs (or Stones) ATC swap - I knew I would participate. The rules for this swap: base your ATCs on any Beatles or Rolling Stones songs (or lyrics) and send 3 ATCs to her in Germany before May 15th. I mixed it up and did some songs from each band, plus I made more than required. I wanted to give one to Marion for hosting and make an extra or two to so I could explore the theme. Here are the six ATCs I made, click on any of  them for more detail - Wild Horses:
These scans look large, but they are only 2.5" x 3.5"- 
Brown Sugar:

Here Comes the Sun-
The transparency images above and below are from ARTchix Studio, and the lyrics were printed on a transparency below so the background of watercolor crayons could show through.


Norwegian Wood:
                            
Paint it Black-
The black heart is polymer clay, made by Sharon Borsavage and the images of the Bird and the Arches transparency are from ARTchix Studio. I stamped the music notes on the transparency.
                        
Wild Horses 2 -
The background of this ATC is some digital art by a friend (thank you) and stamping the horses was done with StazOn ink on a transparency that was printed first with the lyrics on my inkjet printer.
I am keeping this one for myself!
I must say that Marion really made me think! This was a wonderful challenge, fun to do too, and I so look forward to my returns.
lenna young andrews - April 10, 2010

6 comments:

  1. Lenna, these are fantastic. I will have to go by Marion Bockelmann's blog and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that we have the same Stones favourites - Paint it black and Brown Sugar have always been mine (together with Angie), I´ve had them on mix tapes when I was a teenager ... And I really love your Paint it black ATC now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just so cool, your work is so inspirational.

    I also love the new blog background, it makes your art work really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI, this is my first time to your blog, and I really like your art alot!
    Your music ATCs are really fab, I love your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These ATC's are really cool love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, Lenna, these are fantastic! You put so much thought into them. I love Marion's swaps too, but I thought I'd better not join in on this one. (Since I'm behind in my commitments as you well know!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...