Thursday, April 1, 2010

ATC Lotto - Easter/Spring Hats

Well, this will be the last ATC Lotto on the ARTchix Studio Yahoo Group, which will be closing at the end of April! ARTchix Studio is still going very strong but owner Helga Strauss is ready to move away from the Yahoo group after 9 years -wow. That's quite a tenure! She of course has her website which is wonderful, filled with great supplies, and her blog: My ARTistic Life with awesome art challenges. Helga is now doing things on facebook as well. I shall miss the Yahoo Group, but as my son Decklin always says: "things change" : )) So hats off to ARTchix Studio, here's my entry for the Easter/Spring Hats Lotto. Click for details!
I took an image from an ARTchix Studio collage sheet that I am not sure is still available - Classical Revival? For her hat I added a transparency butterfly from the In my Garden sheet, a small paper butterfly from the Pappilions collage sheet and 2 different images of flowers plus birds in a nest -Vintage scrap paper. 

The base of the ATC is watercolor paper. I rubbed a green VersaCraft ink pad over the front of it to add color and then sprinkled a bit of psychedelic embossing powder on the edges while it was wet and heat set it to melt the embossing powder. Then I added a few flower beads and leaves, a fabric flower and a wee bit of stardust prisma glitter to make her spring hat shimmer!!! What fun. It is my understanding the ARTchix lotto will continue with Helga's blessing on it's own Flickr Group: ARTchix Play Group: Bi Weekly Lottery.
See you there! lenna young andrews - April 1, 2010

9 comments:

  1. psychedelic
    embossing powder,
    never heard of it,
    but how cool
    and glittery,
    quite the lady with an
    easter bonnet,
    like 'carmen miranda',
    nice easter green,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love this one.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE her hat Lenna - quite the Easter bonnet!!
    Mary Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Lenna-I want a hat like this!! I would wear it to. Happy Easter.

    I always think of you whenever I go to Artchix and order something-that's how we met, you were a rep for Helga and came into my store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a glorious card to finish with the Artchix lottery on Yahoo. It will always remain the first group I joined after coming across your website online searching for stamping on fabric and for that reason alone close to my heart. It also was where I joined my first ATC swap. How nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. STunning hat & card Lenna!

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bonnet. I think you might have been a Milliner in a past life.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...