Friday, March 5, 2010

Red and Black ATCs


I am lucky to have the opportunity to make ATCs on a color combo theme every month with my friends Frieda OxenhamDebby Harriettha and Caryl Hoobler. This is the third year I have participated in this exchange and I so love it! For February, 2010 the color combo was Red and Black. Here is a step-by-step of how I put these together. First, play with images (ARTchix Studio=B&W images are from Flirt) and other previously rubber stamped images to get an idea of placement. Click on any photo for more details....

Add color with a red watercolor crayon:
                               

wet it to activate it:
                               

I found I wanted more color:
                                

added a texture stamp in red:
                              

ALL of the ATCs painted and stamped:
                                

A black line and black stamping added:
                                    

I made an extra one -- here they are, all put together. 
That was fun, and red is not even a favorite color of mine!
                                   
yours creatively, lenna young andrews - March 5, 2010

6 comments:

  1. Lenna, they look fabulous all together. I love mine.
    hugs,
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your process, Lenna. They look wonderful, although red isn't my favorite colour either!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your techniques, and as always they are so fabulous!! I looove them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely red! I like your blog banner Lenna. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ATC creations are truly inspiring, I have recently started a group for UK residents and so I look forward to sharing my travels in the new to me world of ATC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love seeing these all together and needless to say I just love mine. And thanks so much for showing us how they all came to be.
    And a wonderful new banner too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...