Wednesday, March 24, 2010

published 10 years ago . . .

I found this collage I created in 1999 among my photos recently and added it to my desktop for a  background picture. I've been studying it a little bit each time I go to the computer and had somewhat of a hard time believing it, when I figured out it was published in the May/June 2000 issue of RSM magazine -yikes! That would be 10 years ago! Somehow, this seems impossible. Click on the scan above for a larger more detailed view - I have enjoyed reading the collage description myself. It is from the instructions for the collage class I taught at Impressive Impressions (a rubber stamp store) in Farmington CT, back in 1999! The writing on the top left is in my Grandmother Dimock's hand and reads, "Yet this, at 80 I can say, as I see every sun rise from the sea, I'm sure: the best is yet to come." I found this writing of hers on some scrap paper, tucked away in a box after she died and it has always meant a lot to me. I certainly hope I am doing collage 10 years from now and can look back at this published piece and say, Wow!! That was 20 years ago! - lenna young andrews - March 24, 2010

7 comments:

  1. What a treasure to look back upon! You make such wonderful collages, Lenna! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is marvelous!

    I hope you're still doing collage in ten years, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!! Isn't it amazing what we find when we least expect it. I love your collages and this one is fabulous.
    Hugs,
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fantastic Lenna...and you are still going strong and better than ever!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to see this again after so much time and it still looks gorgeous and is so personal, too. Need I add that I too hope that you will still be making collages 10 years from now and that we will still be sharing our life and art at that time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard to believe you did this so long ago - it is still so fresh. And I love the fabric paper you made - what an awesome project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi lenna -- i was browsing links off of julie fei-fan balzer's blog and landed on your blog. i remembered you immediately. not sure if you remember me from the rsm article? i still have your necklace and i still wear it :) blessings lela aka serenity_stamper

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...