Friday, March 12, 2010

Homepage Challenge

On the ARTchix Studio Yahoo Group, moderator Cindy McMath wrote: "Each month we'll feature a different product to use for the homepage challenge and I'll pick my favourites to feature every week. No prizes – just the accolades from your fellow group members – a prize in itself! For the entire month of March, the theme is German Scrap. Make anything that features at least one piece of German scrap and enter it in the Homepage Challenge folder." - Here's what I came up with!

I used an image from a collaborative collage sheet owner Helga Strauss put together from a recent ARTchix Swap called: Chixies Royal Blue Birds. The image I used was designed by my friend Sharon Borsavage for the swap and I added a heart and the saying "sweet mother" from the Sweet Hearts collage sheet that I downloaded from ARTchix Studio after purchasing - cool! I printed this sheet onto vellum. The Baroque Borders were my German "scrap" of choice for finishing the top & bottom of the 4x6 card, with a small piece of gold lace border added to the top of the bird image. Voila'! An opaque marker continues and emphasizes the dots that were added to the royal bird image. -lenna young andrews -March 12, 2010

p.s. On March 14th I found out this piece had been chosen as the homepage art for the following week on the ARTchix Studio Yahoo Group. WoW!! Thank you, Cindy!!!

4 comments:

  1. Lenna,

    Congratulations on winning the home page this week. I love the piece and all the German scrap that you used.

    Mary Wilkins

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...