Sunday, March 14, 2010

Goddess -Sunday Postcard Art #2 and #3

On Sunday Postcard Art, the theme is Goddess! I had more than one idea, so I made 2 postcards. The first is a gel medium transfer onto fabric, of a ink jet print of a painting by Sir Frank Dicksee called Miranda. I think is so beautiful and very goddess-like -click on the scan for more details.
I added watercolor crayon after adhering the fabric piece to a postcard base. The words are a rubber stamp, an old favorite from the Moon Rose. I was very happy with how this turned out, but still wanted to make a more personal entry for this challenge as well. Below is my "Goddesses" postcard featuring left to right: My mother, me, my mom again with her mother, next, the same grandmother at a younger age and then, my father's mother. All Goddesses!
What a great theme! thank you sunday postcard art and happy Mother's day to those in the UK!
lenna young andrews - March 14, 2010

17 comments:

  1. These are really beautiful.
    Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. both are fabulous!!! great tribute to your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are wonderful! Great concepts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous art, my friend.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lenna, I love both postcards!! The first is done beautifully and the second is such a personal tribute to the women in your family! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creations!! I love the transfer piece, it is so soft and beautiful and the quote is perfect. Your family of goddesses is delightful, it couldn't be expressed better than this - brilliant! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful postcards! Both are so creative and meaningful- expressive in different ways to illustrate the goddess!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you all! I am overwhelmed with your compliments, lenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, gorgeous as usaul, I am out of words Lenna! The fabric one gives me shivers....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are wonderful - I love the idea of the second, and the transfer is awesome! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lenna, I just found your blog through Sharon's and just had to say how much I've enjoyed my visit. Your artwork is so diverse and colourful. I shall be visiting again.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, they are both so beautiful, Lenna, I can't decide which one I love best. The top one is so very much to my taste but on the other hand I love the bottom one as it's so personal and of course the women in your family (you included) are all so beautiful!
    Thanks for giving us two stunning PCs to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are incredible, Lenna! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your first Goddess is exquisite. Your artwork is superb.
    I love the idea of the "generational" goddesses. It is so original and touching.
    I love the thought and imagery you have put into these two pictures. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the multi-generational one especially. What a great idea, and beautifully done. I'm on a major deadline right now, but will come back to visit to see more of your art. THANKS!
    jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both your pieces, the first one for it's beauty and the second one is a wonderful tribute to the women in your family. Both pieces are beatifully created!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...