Friday, March 26, 2010

Frieda's Vintage Spring ATC Swap

I've had a chance to put my huge fabric-paper collage to use! First, I cut into it and created four Dove Grey and Pastel Pink ATCs for the Colour Groupies exchange I'm in. Photos of those ATCs will be forthcoming, as we wait until they are received before revealing them. Then I cut out more sections to create a bunch of Vintage Spring ATCs for Frieda's Swap on the ATCs for ALL site. Here's what my fabric-paper collage looks like now, with lots of "holes":
yikes!
The ATCs for this swap started like this -click for more detail -
Then I added more old text, and hand sewed flower and leaf beads from Alpha Stamps on. I also added iridescent glass spheres -also from Alpha Stamps, and one of my favorite embellishments. You should be able to see them below - I made six ATCs (some extras) as only 3 are required for the swap. I think it is great fun to send these off to Frieda, since she was the one who taught me and inspired me to make the fabric-paper base in the first place!  I love working this way. 
I rode my bicycle to the post office to mail these to Frieda in Scotland today and it was such fun! I felt like a kid. Lenna Young Andrews -March 26, 2010

7 comments:

  1. OMG...I really don't think I can take much more! Your creativity is endless, your ideas are so unique, and everything flows beautifully! You inspire me to no end! You make my head spin, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so lovely, Lenna, so full of flowers and spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenna, they are just gorgeous! Can hardly wait to see the groupie atc in real.
    Hugs,
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just beautiful! That fabric base has come in handy already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty - love the little Magenta flowers sprinkled here and there. Lucky swap participants who receive these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life Sharon, words almost fail me. Needless to say I'm truely delighted not only to receive the Vintage Spring ATCs (thanks a million for the extra one already!) but I will also get a pastel pink and dove grey card. To say that I'm looking forward to both enormously is still an understatement!! It's great to see that the collage looks very Lenna-like so your art sense has seeped into my technique. That's just what I always hope will happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...