Saturday, March 20, 2010

the birds still surprise and amaze us . . .



03.14- Great white Egret 2, originally uploaded by creativelenna.
Yes! Frieda is right! -Visit her blog to see her beautiful visiting pheasant. It is not an unusual occurrence to walk around my neighborhood and run into this beautiful great white egret. Or have him come visit my yard, perhaps being joined by a wood stork or two. Then of course, there is the great blue heron, or maybe I'll see a flock of ibis! We are continuing to see these birds a few times a week, if not more. Sometimes, while taking a walk down one of the little one-way roads near my home, all of a sudden I will realize I am walking right past a heron, just standing there cool as a cucumber! Click on the photo above and choose "all sizes" once you get there for a larger photo. Or click on this link for my 'birds gone wild' slide show - a nice glimpse of all the amazing birds we've seen since moving to Florida.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing - this one looks like a garden ornament!
    Thanks for your convo, Lenna! Will get back to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome.

    do you feed them so they'll return regularly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is amazing! What a beautiful bird, right there in your own backyard! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is my favourite out of all the birds you see. She just looks so beautiful and elegant with such sleek lines! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a snowy egret in the backyard! wow you are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope this egret never ceases to amaze you - I know I would be running for a camera regardless of how many times I saw him/her. It really does seem like it's a link between dinosaurs and "today".

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun, Lenna. I am so happy you are enjoying all of the beautiful birds. Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...