Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Twinchies Challenge

On Helga's blog: My ARTistic Life the challenge this past week was to make 3 or more twinchies (2" square collages) and add something recycled if you'd like. Cool! Remember the scans make them look larger . . . they are truly only 2" x 2"!

These little 2" square collages started out with a sturdy watercolor base I cut myself (not the straightest). To make it easier, you can purchase already cut pieces from ARTchix Studio. Since Helga suggested recycling, I went to my collage boxes (flat recycled cardboard boxes) and looked through. I had some images from ARTchix Studio that had been cut out but not used at the time and I grabbed those; the top collage has a transparency on the right. Then I spied photos of trees I had taken in CT and printed out onto clear transparency sheets. I saw a tea bag label, a postage stamp and some thin scraps pf paper and fabric -amazing what i saved that made the move from CT to FL! Some of the phrases from ARTchix's collection of word collage sheets were out on my work table and the rest i hunted down. To finish these tiny collages i looked for a texture or design stamp i could use on sections of my Twinchies, to pull them together. I used VersaCraft ink for the stamping to give me a rich, thick look and heat set it for permanence. Thanks for looking! lenna young andrews - february 16, 2010

5 comments:

  1. The "Sky High" is like magic, so mysterious. The green face against the purple sky is beautiful.
    xox,
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great twinchies, Lenna! I haven't had time to do any art for a few days; so missed the twinchie challenge. Maybe next one : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful twinchies Lenna! So many lovely details! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful Lenna. love your style of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you creative in these-wonderful!
    Barbara DeLisle

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...