Sunday, February 21, 2010

Challenge: Show Off Your Favorite Twinchie!

On My ARTistic Life -the blog of ARTchix Studio owner Helga Strauss, the challenge this week was to make a twinchie (2" square collages) and then make something with it! Helga said, "Frame it in a unique way, turn it into a cool card or piece of jewelry, a nice ornament for a friend....". Helga had a wonderful example on her blog of taking one of the Twinchies she made with paper and making into a pendant using a silver Memory Frame with a large glass insert to protect and enhance it -find out more on her blog. This gave me the idea to create a Twinchie out of fabric and then make it into a necklace!
I created a two-sided piece; here is the back:
The images I used are from the 'Chixies Bubbles' collage sheet, a collaborative effort, via an art swap that was hosted by Helga! The words are from one of the "Tell Me" collage Sheets. I find myself using these sheets all the time now. They often inspire or greatly add to the collage I am working on.

here's me with my necklace . . .

That was really fun to make! 

happy birthday to me! lenna young andrews -february 21st, 2010

15 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Lenna and your necklace is gorgeous. Lots of congratulations, enjoy the day and I love the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this Leanna. You are soooo creative! Happy Birday to you!

    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy Birthday Lenna!! I hope it is the best!!
    Your necklace is awesome....Oh, I adoooore it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to you Lenna! I am so glad I found your blog and I had already a lot of fun with you. Waiting for your next swap :-))))))

    Hope you had a nice day!

    Sabine

    P.S. Your necklace is gorgeous! Love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the twinchie is very nice,
    with fabric too,
    cool, drift in the past colors,
    heart, moon, stars,
    an angel or saint,
    all the sweet things
    of life,
    that wake us up
    and lay us down,
    so simple,
    we forget to sigh,
    i hope the sweetness
    is upon you for your birthday,
    "i was so much older then,
    i'm younger than that now,"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Lenna! Love your twinchie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Lenna, love your twinchie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are having a wonderful birthday in the land of warm days!! Sending huge hugs for both of you!!
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Happy Birthday to you Lenna! Life is so short enjoy every moment you can and spoil yourself rotten all month long!
    I always adore your fabric art and wish I could reach through and grab it all for myself. You are adorable! Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Happy Birthday Lenna. I hope you had a wonderful day in paradise. Your necklace is beautiful, and you look beautiful in your birthday photos. My "baby brother" is 53 today also, and my son is 33.(both artists) One of my best pals is also today, and my Grandmother's day was today. Talented people born on this day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heh Lenna! Happy Happy! Hope you had a ton of fun and laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely piece Lenna! Hope you had a great birthday yesterday!

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous twinchie necklace, Lenna! And a very Happy belated Birthday!!! Cute glasses!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Lenna!!
    I hope you enjoy your next 365 day trip around the sun!!
    your necklace is beautiful-just like you. oh and I love the word twinchie..very cute.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...