Monday, February 1, 2010

and NOW there are four (oops - five!)


Five wood storks, that is. i think the wild birds that live near our new home in Cortez, Florida are simply wild about us! Either that or they were fed by the previous owners. The number of visitors is increasing daily. Like Renate wrote, you would think we lived in a bird sanctuary! Look at the photo below of Steven standing in the doorway of our home with 2 wood storks perched on the roof above him, and 3 on the ground! My flash did not go off so it is a little blurry, but still so incredible!
And YES, Tristan!!!
I did spy those flamingos you were asking about on our walk tonight.
 : ^ )))
having fun and taking almost too many photos i think!! lenna young andrews - February 1, 2010

7 comments:

  1. This is incredible, Lenna! LOL. I wonder what they are waiting for? Probably the previous tenants did feed them. The flamingos are wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely,
    birds gone wild,
    and a heron too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lenna... how lucky you are! The wood storks are amazing, but to see flamingoes.... I have always loved them... I don't know why; we certainly don't have them in Oz!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! i must add that the flamingos are not real! A plastic decoration on our street and photographed for Tristan who remarked recently, when do the flamingos visit?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. tee hee! Had me fooled Lenna! They are the only type I have seen anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too would love to see a REAL flamingo, Sandi! With our luck and abundance of birds, maybe we will get lucky . . .
    : ^ ) lenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm.
    I seem to recall seeing those exact flamingos in upstate New York.
    LOL

    the shots of your house and Stephen are starting to look a little Hitchcockian eerie! LOL

    but definitely cool, nonetheless

    flamingos, indeed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...