Tuesday, February 9, 2010

3 different kinds of birds all together


well, some of you told me i better keep sharing my walks and the birds i see on them, so here goes! This morning i came upon a great white egret, a great blue heron, and four wood storks all hanging out together in the same yard. Another first for me to see all these birds together. I keep thinking all these amazing things i see are going to stop, but not yet, so i will keep enjoying and sharing...
Renate, i think you are right - it is 5 or possibly 6 different birds i've seen. Three of them are here, and then I may have seen a grey heron (or it could have been an immature great blue heron, i'm not positive). i've seen lots of ibis and also 3 green parrots! Well, also a bright red cardinal and some turkey vultures and morning doves, but i was really only counting the more unusual ones. There are more photos and slide shows on my flicker account, just click on the photo above and poke around. i would say i have been finding a creative outlet in taking LOTs of photos! 
lenna young andrews - february 9, 2010
p.s. i will be adding 4 new sets of ATCs for my Love Gone Wild swap to my creative swaps blog very soon, the deadline is approaching and the packages are coming in!

7 comments:

  1. okay.

    this is getting creepy.






    LOL
    no, seriously, it's amazing! I would get such a kick living around such exotic (to me) creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH tRISTAn, you make me laugh!! Hitchcock-esque and a little creepy that they are so tame but enchanting and marvelous none-the-less!
    : ) lenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, Lenna. This is just unbelievable. I wonder when you will have a flamingo on your front lawn?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, you're officially the "Bird Mamma"

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really have landed in a birdy paradise, Lenna. And the birds are all so elegant and exotic. I love them all and can't get enough of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey!
    where are the manatees?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still into the birds!! LOL! What a hoot! Sure beats the 53 inches of snow we have had so far!!!! Send me the birds!!
    hugs, chris

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...