Sunday, January 31, 2010

red + white ATC for lotto

On the ARTchix Studio yahoo group there are bi-weekly lottos, challenges where a randomly chosen winner picks the next theme to create ATCs on & makes the winning draw. Whoever wins the lotto draw, receives all of the ATCs that were made on that theme - they are sent directly to the winner. Joy Meadows was the most recent winner of the lotto and picked 'red + white' for the next theme due February 7th. She wrote: "The theme is red and white - could be Valentine-ish or not.  Whatever you want to do as long as the colors are predominantly red and white!  Have fun!"  Joy : )
Here is what i came up with. Bear in mind that red is not a favorite colour of mine, but i still liked the challenge very much. I am more of a brown/green/blue girl.

I created this atc with a playing card as a base, click on it for more detail. I did not plan using a playing card; i simply was looking in my collage boxes (which i have now unpacked since our move, hooray!). The red feather was something else i found while gathering 'red + white' items to do this lotto challenge that someone gave me some time ago. The photo of me as a babe with my mom was already printed out and lying in one of my collage boxes. I have used this image more than once in my artwork. The feeling it has when i look at it holds great meaning to me. Here it is in a larger size as an altered book page
The transparency of the wing, with Helga's handwriting "wings" is from ARTchix Studio. Check out their newly re-designed website! The words 'one brief moment' is also from an ARTchix collage word sheet. The word FLY was rubber stamped onto the playing card with permanent StazOn ink. I was really happy with how this came out. Thanks for the great challenge, Joy!
This particular lotto is due to be posted on the ARTchix group by February 7th in the photo section, and you have to be a member to view the messages & photos there. It's easy - just go to the group (link-at top) and sign up with Yahoo - yahoo!! lenna young andrews - January 31st, 2010

4 comments:

  1. this is beautiful!!! I envy the lottery winner.....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it certainly is a brief moment,
    one minute you're eating strained peas,
    and in a few short decades,
    oh my god,
    you're eating strained peas,
    lenna,
    i think you've captured
    eternity,
    number 9, number 9, number 9...
    i like red,
    i also like brown/green/blue...
    your mom must be so proud
    of her artist...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Lenna, and what an adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...