Monday, November 16, 2009

blue moos ARTchix Studio Swap!

Helga Strauss offers some wonderful opportunities for collaborative Swaps over at ARTchix Studio.com - read all about the Blue Moos mini card swap here.
I made 6 mini cards (1"x 3") for the swap and 2 extra just for fun. This was a little 'mental health break' for me while i was packing up my entire studio!!!!!!!!!! yikES! We are leaving our home, which recently sold, and driving to our new home: Florida, in less than 2 weeks. Click on the image below for a bit more detail. For these mini cards I used a color copy onto FABRIC of the Snowflake Kisses collage sheet from ARTchix Studio. I love how the images reprinted onto fabric; it gave them a nice, soft hand. I used my xyron machine to attach the images to watercolor cards. Then I used a silver glitter marker to add a border and small dots of silver glitter to the mini cards. I used a fine tip permanent black pen to write the word blue . . . and add a few cross-stitches. Then i popped them in the mail, just in time for the November 16th deadline!!!!!!! Again, i am grateful to Helga for all the inspiration she provides me! lenna young andrews, november 16th, 2009

3 comments:

  1. These are so sweet.

    I"ve never thought about putting fabric through the xyron machine! What a good idea! I"ve used it for just about every other kind of supply, but never fabric!

    I can't believe you're making art while you're packing LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'blue moos' came out very nice,
    a serene quality, caught in the middle
    of you're packing chaos,
    not easy to do,
    they remind me of some hazy,
    timeless, reverie,
    such delicate memories,
    in such a small treasure....

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so soft and gentle...peaceful looking Lenna...I love the cross stitches - they finish them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...