Monday, October 12, 2009

Helga's Little-BiG combo challenge!

The current challenge on My ARTistic Life (Helga Strauss -ARTchix Studio) is a 'Little-Big' Combo challenge. Helga suggested, "For these 2 weeks, make a little collage (1" square) and combo it up with a large collage (4" square or ATC 2.5" x 3.5")."
yeeHa! I always bring a bag of ART stuff along when i travel, so i worked on this piece while i was visiting my parents in Florida. I choose the 4x4 size to combo with the 1x1 square. I took Helga's Masterboard that she created for a previous challenge and copied it onto a piece of vellum. Actually, i did that in August for that challenge, but did not use it. I used a copy i made on to fabric instead. The vellum copy is very light and kind of transparent. I used my xyron to make it into a sticker and then placed it on top of a piece of watercolor paper that i had first colored with yellow, green and orange watercolor crayons --this shows through the vellum print of Helga's masterboard.

My 1x1 square was an old ledger sheet that i added color to with my trusty crayons.Then, when everything was attached i used a permanent black pen and more watercolor crayons to accentuate the lines of the bird, Helga's swirls and the edges of the 1x1 piece. I finished this with hatch marks from a silver glitter marker! Thank you Helga for your continued inspiration. xo, lenna young andrews, October 12th, 2009.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh Lenna!! I looooove the intense orange and yellow colors, and of course the BIRD!! Looks to me like summertime, I like that a lot, since I don't like the cold, this looks happy!! Your little inchie adds a little bit of nostalgia and mystery....very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece, Lenna! Glad to hear you had a good time with your parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenna, I adore this piece! I love your colour choices and composition - just delightful!

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely collage, Lenna! It's so nice to see a piece of my masterboard pop up again! What fun, I'll have to make another one of those again for sure. : ) Thanks so much for playing in this fun art challenge! : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...