Saturday, October 31, 2009

good news : )

Here is the latest news! Yesterday was my husband Steven's last day of work at ICS - Innovative Computer Systems in Farmington, CT. He had told his boss Steve Roux about 5 months ago, that he would be leaving his job when our house sold because we would be moving to Bradenton, Florida to be near my parents. Well, our house had not sold a couple of weeks ago when this decision was made -- it was time for Steven to leave the company, and we understood the decision. A party was planned in his honor. Steven had worked at ICS for 17 years! We kept our fingers crossed that our house would sell soon.

Yesterday morning on Steven's last day at work and the same day as the party, we received an offer on our house! wow. We accepted the offer, met after work to sign it and seal it, and then went to the party!! What a happy celebration it was. Our closing is scheduled for November 30th and if all goes well, Steven and I will be heading to Florida soon after that. Steven insists it is my "Guardian Angel" that made these events happen in such a way, but I must say thank you for all your good wishes, support and prayers -so appreciated!

I created another Animoto video from photos I took at Steven's farewell party -- Click Here to view it. Check out his Florida shirt, he looks pretty happy : )

15 comments:

  1. Good news is awesome, all the very best to you both.
    Hugs, Laura.
    Your art work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lenna!
    What fabulous news! Wow, doesn't the Universe work in amazing ways! You must both be so happy! I'm so pleased for you.
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!! Doesn't the universe move in mysterious ways? So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments and congratulations! We are blessed and so happy we can join my parents now. : ) lenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! That is marvelous news -- love when things work out like that :)fl

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful news, Lenna, I am thrilled for you all!!! And it is so cool the way that it all came together!!! It's your good karma, I'm sure!!!

    Have you found a place in FL or will the search be on now in earnest?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Lenna! I know that Florida will have many great opportunities for you and Steve -- but when I look at your photos from your walk in the Connecticut woods, I'd say you will definitely miss it. I know I would! Now the fun part - packing (ugh!) Good luck! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to say again, what wonderful news, Lenna. Lots of congratulations and it was just meant to be on that particular day which could have been so sad and now turned into the start of a new beginning. Enjoy the journey to Florida together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Again, many congrats!

    The party looks like fun - and you look very relaxed!

    Best of luck on the next leg of the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am thrilled for you and Steven!!! Send me your new address!!! I hope the move goes smoothly!!
    hugs, chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best is yet to come!! I am truly sooo happy for you my friend!
    Biggest hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Lenna, we are on the move this weekend, so I understand the work involved especially in packing up craft stuff. Where are you going in Florida. I have only been to Lakeland, which was last year for the outpouring. Cheers Glenda from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great news! And just the perfect timing - amazing how it has all worked out! I'll be praying for the right house for you guys in FL. Doing a little happy dance for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes, the universe sure does move in mysterious ways,
    bring some of that lenna-love down to your mom and dad......

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...