Saturday, October 17, 2009

art friends

It is not often that you get to meet your art friends, but sometimes you are lucky and blessed! Today, i decided to travel down to New Haven, CT to see my friend Tristan Blakeman in a play. The photo above is the two of us after Tristan finished performing this afternoon. Earlier this week, Tristan had announced on his blog that he would be in "Soccer Moms from Hell" through the New Haven Theater Company. Tristan and I have shared our art for a few years now, and most recently via the Colour Groupies group. But even though he lives fairly near me -45 minutes away, i had yet to meet him in person. Well, i decided to change that and today, I did. It was the greatest fun! The play was a HOOT, really. Tristan described it to me as "a new, un-produced play, so it hasn't been work shopped before...dont' expect TOO much - except lots of offensive jokes LOL." : ) well, that was true, but i just laughed and laughed! And what a delight to meet Tristan. I am so glad I went and Tristan was so kind - he brought me a gift!!!!!

A Halloween Tussie Mussie. That was soooo sweet, thank you, Tristan! xo lenna young andrews, October 17th, 2009

5 comments:

  1. You were such a doll to come and see me (and the play)!

    It was just terrific to meet you - and your infectious laugh and winning smile kept me humming the rest of the afternoon!

    NEXT time we meet, I'll be less rotund and back to being blond! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Tristan, you are too cute. You looked just right! Your character was awesome and you played him well. I had such a good time and so enjoyed meeting you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see you two together and having such fun too. I could not help thinking of this meeting all Saturday and wishing I could have been there too. But at least it shows art friends can and do meet up and that in itself is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time Lenna!! It was nice that you two finally got to meet, and to share in Tristan's event!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how fun to get together like that! I know Tristan has to be a doll..he's such a kind person. :0)

    Stay warm!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...